Many people are engaged in poultry farming. For this, it is necessary not only to grow a bird, but also to independently brood young animals. Some people take chickens even in basins when the lamp is on. But you can make an incubator with your own hands. The main thing is to follow certain rules.
1. Temperature regime. As the incubation period increases, the temperature in the incubator should change. For example, when laying eggs, the temperature should be thirty-eight and two degrees Celsius. After five days, the temperature should be reduced to thirty-seven and a half degrees. And starting from the nineteenth day, the temperature in the incubator should be thirty-seven and one degree.
2. The humidity of the air must be maintained. Thanks to humidity, the heat transfer of the egg is regulated. Also, with the air humidity, the shell will be softer. Chicken can easily break it.
3. It is necessary to follow the coup of eggs. Eggs must be turned one hundred and eighty degrees. Turn the eggs six times a day. The interval for turning the eggs is four hours.
In order to make an incubator, we will need to make a frame for the incubator. The frame can be fashionably made from wooden blocks, and then veneered with plywood. It is necessary to frame the frame with polystyrene foam. Polyfoam will create a thermal insulation in the incubator. At the top of the frame you need to mount two lamp holders
In the cartridges will be inserted lamps with a power of twenty-five watts. These lamps will heat the eggs. We mount one more cartridge in the bottom part of the incubator. This lamp will heat a special container with water. When the water in the incubator is heated, moisture will remain. As a water tank, you can use a can of herring. The water consumption will be about one hundred and fifty grams per day
Three racks must be inserted along the entire length of the frame. Reiki from the sides should be rounded. When installing the rail, it should be taken into account that the distance from the upper bulbs to the eggs was slightly more than seventeen centimeters, and from the bottom not less than fifteen centimeters. In the incubator it is also necessary to fix the thermometer to measure the temperature regime
The front wall of the incubator should be made detachable for laying eggs, turning over and changing the water in the bath. Also in the lid you need to make a window for ventilation. The size of such a window can be eight by twelve centimeters
The window is covered with glass, but it is not necessary to leave a small gap for ventilation. Also in this window you can follow the indications on the thermometer. Eggs are laid in the hollows in the middle of the racks. Eggs are rotated by hand, turning the slats
Thus, a simple incubator is made. But the flaw of such an incubator is a small laying of eggs
You can make your own larger incubator and make it more automatic. For such an incubator you will need:
1. Not a working refrigerator.
2. Trays with automatic coup.
5. The coup timer.
6. A small fan can be taken from a broken computer.
First, we calculate the number of egg-turning trays. To do this, from the height of the refrigerator we take away the height of the heating devices with a margin of fifteen centimeters and divide by two. Then the resulting number is divided into the height of the tray with a margin of fifteen centimeters. For example, if the height of your refrigerator is ninety-five centimeters, we will get this calculation: (95 – ((6 + 15) * 2)) / 15 = 3.53 (the maximum number of trays is 4 pieces.) In the incubator from above and below do holes up to twenty millimeters for air ventilation
Then set the trays inside the refrigerator and connect the temperature controller and the egg turn timer. We put in the bulbs, lay eggs. That’s all the incubator is ready.