Often, amateur poultry farmers use an incubator for breeding birds. Incubation is one of the methods of growing a bird. With the help of it, without much time, you can deduce a large number of ducklings. This method is particularly suitable for divorce for meat. An incubator should be provided by any poultry breeder, even an amateur. This is an irreplaceable thing in the household. It can be made both yourself and purchased in specialized stores.
Duck-females begin to carry eggs from March to September, at a time when the day begins to arrive and the evenings are longer, with the exception of some breeds that are engaged in egg production year-round. Each egg is laid in a horizontal position to stand no more than a month, to that the temperature is observed + 10o or + 15o. It is advisable to set the date of the demolition on each egg. Thus, it will be easier to regulate the process. Eggs, which for more than a month should not be put into an incubator – there will not be a result. The ideal time for sowing in a horizontal position is 10 days.
We can presumably make the following ratio of days to percentages. 5 days – probability of withdrawal from 100% – 85-90%; 10 days – 80%; 15 days – 70%; 30 days – 10-15%. Proceeding from this, it can be clearly understood that the shorter the period of eggs, the more likely the withdrawal of most ducklings.
For incubation, choose full-fledged eggs, without defects. Thus, it becomes more likely the withdrawal of healthy ducklings. If the eggs are very dirty, more than 50% of the total area, they are washed. To wash it is necessary 1,5 solution of hydrogen peroxide or slightly diluted potassium permanganate (approximate color – pale pink). With great care we resort to similar procedures, since there is a great chance to spoil the egg. When washing eggs, you need to use water 5 degrees higher than their temperature.
It is necessary to strictly follow the instructions and lay all the eggs in the incubator at the same time. The main conclusion is 80-85% of the total. After two weeks, the eggs are systematically chilled, spraying with water and turning over.
There are a large number of incubators, but the most common are:
1. Header. It is designed for 30-35 heads. It is aimed both at the incubation of eggs, and for the growth of young birds up to 2 weeks.
2. Nasedka-1. Designed for 60 goals. More advanced model than the previous one. Equipped with additional ventilation due to a more advanced temperature sensor. And also it is simplicity in work in the form of automatic turning of eggs and a mode of management by it.
3. Feeder-2. Performs all the same functions as the hen-1. The main difference in the number of seats.
4. Incubator IPH-5. It is designed for 40 heads. Very simple and easy-to-use incubator.
5. Incubator IPH-10. Designed for 50 goals.
6. Incubator IPH-15. It is designed for 150 heads.
7. LB-0.5. Holds up to 400 eggs. It is suitable for brood ducks year round. In this case, it is necessary to have a sales place, i. e. it is advisable to use such a design for a farm that is engaged in the constant sale of ducklings.
It should always be remembered that both overheating and cooling are harmful to the fetus, so keep an eye on the temperature, observing all the recommendations.
Incubation of duck eggs