In the process of hoof, horses wear out fairly quickly. This is the most susceptible domesticated horses, because a constant life in the stable leads to the fact that the hooves are softened, becoming more vulnerable to friction with the ground and asphalt. The result of worn hoof wear can be various injuries and infections.
Horses with damaged hooves will hurt to attack the limbs, it will begin to limp, and will not be usable, so it is very important to shoe a horse in time. In addition to this, horses need horseshoeing, which work on hard ground, it also adversely affects the condition of hooves. To wild horses such hoof wear is not terrible, they are adapted to harsh environmental conditions and their hooves are much stronger than horses of domesticated ones.
Correct forging horses is a very difficult task, which requires a blacksmith to remove, knowledge, as well as experience and skill. It is not every master who can properly horse the horse, for it is necessary to take into account such factors as weather conditions, the time of the year, the covering of roads, the ability to understand the hoofs of horses, but everything comes with experience. The process of forging is not easy, but, alas, is necessary for the animal. The main thing in the process of forging is to be neat and do not injure the horse.
In order to shoe a horse, you will need the following tools:
A hammer; Horseshoe; Sharpened tongs; File; Nails.
Instructions for horseshoe horse
1. The hoof of horses includes an arrow, a horny wall, a sole, an ungulate rim. On the bottom there is a white band that helps to understand which part of the horse’s hoof is sensitive and which is not, it should be guided, it will help to avoid injuries during the forging process.
2. The procedure of forging should be carried out not immediately, but for several days. In the early days, you only need to tap on each hoof, alternately raising each limb. After that the forelimbs are forged, and the next day the hind legs. This should be as follows: the hoofs are first examined, the old horseshoes are removed, the sole of the hoofs is cleared, the measurement is taken from them, and then, guided by the measure, the horseshoes are fitted and attached to the hoof.
3. During the forging, note that there should not be any gap between the horseshoe and the sole. Nails are driven only by the white insensitive line of the sole. Make sure that no foreign object gets into the gap between the horseshoe and the sole, otherwise it will cause injuries or become a source of the horse’s disease.
4. Do not leave hats from nails in hoofs, they must be removed using sharp-edged forceps and polish with a file. Never polish the hoof from the outside, this will entail abrasion of the protective horny layer. Soles.
5. There are several types of hooves: summer winter, orthopedic and sports. Depending on the time of the year and the goals of the horseshoe, it is necessary to choose the most optimal option. Depending on the season, in the summer it is allowed to shovel the horse only to the front hooves, in the winter it is necessary to shoe all the limbs.
6. Hoof wear occurs within a month and then the procedure must be repeated, do not neglect it.
7. 2 times a year the horse needs rest from the horseshoes, so in this period provide it with conditions in which the sole of its hooves will not wear out.
Thus, shoeing a horse is not an easy, but necessary, occupation that will preserve the health, working capacity of the animal. Do not neglect this procedure, conduct it in a timely manner, this will prolong the life of the horse.
How to horse a horse