Cabbage can be seen in every garden. This vegetable has an unusual appearance, has good taste qualities, a delicate aroma. Cabbage gives us the opportunity to cook a lot of useful and tasty dishes. Therefore, no one is surprised that every summer resident puts her on his plot
But today we are talking not about the technology of growing this vegetable, but about its worst enemy – caterpillars. After all, not only they are terrible, but also butterflies, emerging from caterpillars, which are also the worst enemy for cabbage
The sooner measures are taken, the better for your future harvest, because if the caterpillar settles in the head, it can not be saved.
How to get rid of caterpillars on cabbage?
The first sign that your seedlings have been attacked by a pest are small holes or uneven edges. Then you should inspect the cabbage and remove all the caterpillars. Next, you need to take action. But what to do? The first thing that comes to mind is to run after the chemicals to the store, but not everything is so simple:
1. Because they can damage seedlings.
2. Not always caterpillars disappear after such preparations.
3. Substances applied to leaves can enter your body and cause poisoning.
The ashes and ash are safe for baiting the caterpillars. They are bred with water, spraying plantings, according to instructions or scattered around the site. Treatment should be done every half a month to achieve positive results.
Folk recipes against caterpillars
Advantages of such methods are that they do not require financial investments, do not harm plants and health and are effective at the same time.
1. Council first. During the planning of planting, distribute the places on the site so that cabbage seedlings are next to melissa, mint, tomatoes, onions, basil, garlic. Caterpillars can not stand this neighborhood.
2. The second tip is to remove pests manually, but this occupation is not for everyone, yes, and time-consuming.
3. The third tip – constantly water the area where cabbage grows. By this action you will destroy the nests of the pest. At the same time, soil saturated with oxygen helps the plant to grow rapidly and become stronger.
4. The fourth tip is a sweet solution. To do this, mix 10 liters of water with a glass of sugar. Next, spray the planting. Sweet aroma beckons the wasps and ants. They will destroy the caterpillars, and the cabbage will remain whole, but be careful yourself.
5. Council number five is the infusion of the husks of onions and tomato tops. Ingredients soak in water, after let them brew for about a day and sprinkle cabbage. Caterpillars do not like such sharp aromas. The same goes for wormwood. You can use it for this and her.
6. The sixth council is soda. Yes, usual soda. Sprinkle it with planting, you will be surprised how quickly the caterpillars shake the site, since they do not tolerate it.
7. Council number seven is to get the birds on the site. It is not difficult to do this, just hang the feeders for one year, install the birdhouses. Once the birds are used, they will always return, and there will be no trace of insects. This bird will help you get rid of other pests.
8. The eighth advice is strange, but as practice shows, effective. You need to take a shell of eggs and hang next to the seedlings. Why it is not clear, but butterflies do not sit down in this case to lay eggs. Accordingly, and caterpillars you will not.
Simple folk recipes are absolutely harmless for you and cultivated plants, but here for an insect – a pest – this is hell. If you do not trust such means, they seem ineffective to you, then you can always buy shop drugs. But it is better to always use the safest methods first.
How to get rid of caterpillars on cabbage